Former Marky Mark Producer M.C. Spice Asks Massachusetts Governor To Pardon Actor Mark Wahlberg
Hollywood actor Mark Wahlberg, famous for the movies Four
Brothers, Lone survivor, The Departed, Ted and Ted 2, and the newest film, The
Gambler, has requested a pardon from Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick
for a 1988 conviction. The actor and former Dorchester, Massachusetts resident
was only 16 at the time of the very serious charge of attempted murder, and
like most young adults from the Dorchester area – Mark Wahlberg took to the streets
as an outlet. The director, producer and philanthropist continues to work with
at-risk youth, giving back with money and valuable time.
Yes, Mark Wahlberg has had some transgressions and has made
some mistakes that he’s certainly not proud of. But we all deserve a second chance at change. His brother Donnie and I decided on a plan to groom
Mark as a rap star in order to get and keep him off the streets and out of trouble.
I remember standing in his mother’s kitchen in Braintree,
Massachusetts. She was so cool and she was always the nicest woman to talk to. She was everybody's "moms." She asked me if I could help Mark, because she knew he had
something in him, and all he needed was someone to take some time with him; Someone
to push him in the right direction. The year before, Donnie promised he'd
get back at me about trying to get Mark involved in the music so he can stay on
a positive road. We worked day and night on his music and on Mark as a person.
I personally worked close with Mark on developing the
artist and teaching him the understanding of HipHop Culture and its Spiritual
principles. We would ride around listening to Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, and
Public Enemy. I would tell him to listen to their cadence, flow and breathing
technique. We would talk about the difference between rap and the Culture of
HipHop, and how at all times, he had to represent and protect the Culture of
HipHop. He was drawn to it and loved it. He believed in it, and I saw the
positive change in him over the years.
This is personal to me, because I can say that I witnessed first hand, the change in Mark Wahlberg. As a friend and former songwriter and producer, I honestly believe that HipHop has helped shape Mark
Wahlberg into the upstanding, productive gentleman he is today. The brother is
a good man, and like all of us, he is not without blemishes. I am humbly
asking Governor Deval Patrick of the State of Massachusetts to use his
executive powers in granting Mr. Wahlberg a pardon so he may continue to do the
great works he is doing in our communities and globally.
Respectfully Submitted,
Quadeer “M.C. Spice” Shakur
QuadeerShakurMedia@gmail.com
617-297-7423
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. You email address and IP Address has been recorded for future reference. any anonymous comment which is deemed abusive will be removed and investigated for further action.