Zulu Nation Minister of Info issues statement on Lou Reed's death


Quadeer "M.C. Spice" Shakur is the songwriter/producer responsible for the career of Mark Wahlberg. Before the actor became a Hollywood superstar, Wahlberg sold millions of records as rapper Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch', and Shakur's writing and production skills made 'Good Vibrations' and the actor's second song 'Wildside' Platinum and Gold respectively. 

After learning about the death of Lou Reed, Quadeer issued this formal statement on his Facebook page:

"I wrote and produced the song "Wildside" for Mark Wahlberg when he was a rapper under the name Marky Mark. My original version played on WILD-AM radio for nearly two years, and I was inspired by the original musician who wrote "Wild Side" in 1974. Lou Reed had only 1 hit record with "Wild Side", but as a kid, I was always intrigued by his depiction of street life and by the time I became a rapper, I KNEW I had to re-create that record. We sold 750,000 copies of the song "Wildside" on Interscope Records and Lou Reed went back on tour harder than ever, after the song revived his career. Though I never met the brother, I can honestly say he played a major part in my career, and will always be remembered in music and in Hip-Hop history. Lou Reed died today at 71. Rest in peace, Lou Reed. "

At the time of this writing, the cause of Lou Reed's death is not known.. Here's Lou Reed's "Wild Side" (1974)


And the version written and produced by Quadeer "M.C. Spice" Shakur for Mark Wahlberg (1991. Spice can be seen acting in this video at the 3:00 mark. Enjoy! RIP LOU REED.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOX NEWS HOST REFUSES TO BOARD PLANE WITH BLACK FEMALE PILOT

MOM & 12 KIDS HOMELESS AFTER FAKE LANDLORD SCAM

Run-D.M.C. Producer Larry Smith Dead at 63