Painting Shows Obama Trampling Constitution


A new painting of President Barack Obama by a Utah artist is stirring things up politically.

The piece, which includes every U.S. president, is titled "The Forgotten Man" and shows Obama stepping on the U.S. Constitution.

"I feel like our presidents have really forgotten who put them there," artist Jon McNaughton said.

The painting shows conservative presidents on one side and liberals on the other. It also features dollar bills blowing around and depicts the American flag at half-mast.

"The flag being at half-mast usually happens when there is a tragedy in the country," McNaughton said. "I have painted the flag at half-mast because I feel that right now our country is experiencing a tragedy at monumental proportions.

"The artist said he showed Obama trampling on the Constitution because "he has done things that I believe are unconstitutional since he has been in office."

McNaughton has been painting for more than 25 years. He said this piece is more a personal expression than anything else, and knew it would cause a stir.

"There was a guy that came right up to my face and he said, 'You're despicable!' Art is supposed to get people to think and to feel and I think if that's what I'm doing, then I'm successful," McNaughton said.

SOURCE: cnn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOX NEWS HOST REFUSES TO BOARD PLANE WITH BLACK FEMALE PILOT

MOM & 12 KIDS HOMELESS AFTER FAKE LANDLORD SCAM

Run-D.M.C. Producer Larry Smith Dead at 63