DeBarge Family Destroyed by Drugs

In an episode of Dr. Drew's 'Life Changers' which aired again on March 15, 2012, Bunny DeBarge, the once-hot soul singer from the group DeBarge was confronted by her daughter, Janae Jordan. Also at the interview were brothers Randy DeBarge and James DeBarge, who defended his addiction saying "I'm not living"

The doctor from a treatment clinic asked James" Are you going to continue to not live because your niece wants to talk about it?"


"You have to understand, Doc. It doesn't matter. I don't care. You have to make me care. My niece has to make me care. I'm starting to learn how to care again. I don't even know what that is, man. I don't even care about me. I've never lived. I've never been here."

Randy then said to the visiting doctor "It seems like my whole family is talented and smart. But still we -- I'm just go out and take that (clinic treatment). I keep trying to figure out -- I'm gonna trust you and do it"

Doctor Drew: "You're gonna get what you need. You're gonna go? Okay."


Doctor Drew then turned to James and said: "Are you gonna let the people that victimized you, kill you?"


James, frustrated with the whole interview, answered again: "I'm already dead. I don't care, man. I'm already dead, man."

His sister Bunny tried to reach out to him, saying: "It's time for you to work -- they've gone their way, everybody is going on and doing their thing..."

Doctor Drew interrupted Bunny and said: "Well. James. I don't believe you're dead. I'm looking at you, and you aren't dead. Janae doesn't believe you're dead. Bunny doesn't believe you're dead."

James, still fighting: "They don't think believe I'm dead -- 'cuz I'm dying."

Dr. Drew tried to talk to James about how to bring them back to life and coxed the family into treatment.
The family was taken out to a waiting car and whisked off to a treatment center immediately following their interview. Randy said: "We can smoke together, we can get help together".

Bunny and Randy are still currently in the treatment program and are continuing their treatment. James entered the program, but left after only a few hours.

Everyone is praying for the DeBarge family, hoping they can get it together. Bunny's daughter, Janae Jordan is a strong woman and has a lot on her shoulders, hoping not to have to bury another one of her uncles because of drugs.

Bunny DeBarge apologizes to her daughter, Janae Jordan
for not being there for her and her siblings during her battle
with drugs, which Jane attributes to her uncles and others.

Here's a video clip of Bunny apologizing to her daughter:

 

Comments

  1. Wow, so sad. Where did the curse of the DeBarge family stem from? I Pray things turn around for them, they are such a talented family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smh! What a way to blow talent. I used to love rocking out to "Save the Best for Me" growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to the family...The debarges brought me thru all high school and still to today.
    On to the serious nature of this matter... This is a family curse, it comes from what happen in the debarges family tree, its a spiritual curse!! Mom is deeply devoted christian and the kids are not (try to be sometimes) God doesn't play that 1 foot in 1 foot out of his will and whats happening is he's allowing the attack of the devil to corrupt this family (and it may take more of them out) until they line up 100% in his will.
    I pray James,randy,bunny stop what there doing before its to late and serve Jesus 100% and then and only then will things line up.
    (ACTS 2:38 LIVING IT)
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! ^^^Anonymous That's incredible! I know the Debarges, it is a family curse but it aint got nothing to do with straddling the religious fence, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree wholeheartedly. father, robert debarge, had mental issues and a horrendous mother. it wasn't religion; it was a dab of geneational insanity that each chid ened up having to struggle against.

      Delete
  5. Their problems stem from sexual and physical abuse heaped on them from their father. It's absolutely heartbreaking, these people need help not a bunch of hypocritical judgment from a bunch of bible thumping assholes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. had i seen your reply first, i would never have posted my reply because everything you say here is what i had always read about the DEMARGE children. wht they each had to fight against was too powerful for each of them.

      Delete
  6. Your a fucking idiot. Those poor people were battered and raped by their own father for YEARS!! Their in emotional pain and obviously self medicating with drugs. The need help not judgment and condemnation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The DeBarge family is amazing. I hope things turn around for them. They are all beautifully talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. from one "anonymous" to another, you are completely correct in this instance how that previous commenter could imply that whatever happened to them was the result of God's being angry at them--is totally beyond any thinking person's belief.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You email address and IP Address has been recorded for future reference. any anonymous comment which is deemed abusive will be removed and investigated for further action.

Popular posts from this blog

FOX NEWS HOST REFUSES TO BOARD PLANE WITH BLACK FEMALE PILOT

MOM & 12 KIDS HOMELESS AFTER FAKE LANDLORD SCAM

Run-D.M.C. Producer Larry Smith Dead at 63