THE CALL FROM ROBIN ROBERTS THAT HAD OPRAH IN TEARS ON GMA + MEDICAL UPDATE

Was that a tear streaming down Oprah Winfrey’s cheek? It looked like it this morning – right after a rousing rendition of Ain’t No Mountain High Enough from the Power in Praise choir, and just before Robin Roberts called in to Good Morning America.
The GMA anchor phoned in to her ABC show in her first live chat since her bone marrow transplant.


“I’m standing in for you, Robin!” shouted Oprah, who co-hosted the 8 a.m. hour.
“Usually I’m watching in between my toes in bed. You got me on my feet. You got me dancing this morning,” said Roberts, who could be heard but not seen. “It’s all about being uplifted.”

When Oprah asked her how she’s doing, Roberts replied, “It’s Day 35. Thirty-five days ago I had my bone marrow transplant. It is a journey, my friend, as you have taught me.”

Roberts, 51, went on to say, “I am so incredibly blessed to be doing as well as I am. Some days I do feel like I am 35 days old and can’t get my head off the pillow. But those days are becoming fewer and fewer.”


She told her cohorts at GMA and Oprah, “I can’t wait to come back! … It’s just about understanding the moment.
Why I’m here now. I’m journaling. You’d be very proud of me, Oprah. Journaling a lot. And just so appreciative of the outpouring. Not just for me but for everyone.”

She also noted, “It would be a whole lot easier not to be so public when you’re going through something like this.” But, she said, her mom told her to be of service to other. And she has heard from many family members going through similar challenges. “It’s a privilege to be a messenger.”


WATCH OPRAH IN CURLS AND ALL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOX NEWS HOST REFUSES TO BOARD PLANE WITH BLACK FEMALE PILOT

MOM & 12 KIDS HOMELESS AFTER FAKE LANDLORD SCAM

Run-D.M.C. Producer Larry Smith Dead at 63