How To Unlock A Samsung Galaxy S5 on Sprint? NOT!

Here is an excerpt from a person who posted their difficulty with attempting to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network. READ CAREFULLY:

To update the thread with my experience, as of this weekend (2/21 - 2/22) a Sprint GS5 made prior to 2/11/2015 CANNOT be unlocked for domestic GSM Network (SIM card).  After 2/11/15, no problem.  Before 2/11/15, SOOL.

I am currently in a phone tag/battle with Sprint customer service and corporate office contacts (as well as filed a complaint to the FCC).

The Longer Version: As I said above, this past weekend I've been in a battle to get my Sprint Galaxy S5 over to T-mobile.

I called a corporate store and was told specifically that my existing 7-month old GS5 could be unlocked and used on a Domestic GSM network (T-mobile).  "Absolutely you can use it with another domestic carrier.  Just dial *2, cancel the line, and they'll give you the unlock code." 

Well I did just that, dialed *2, cancelled the line and receive a 6-digit MSL unlock code. I was told by Sprint Customer Care that their policy forbids them from telling me how to actually use the code to unlock the phone.

Took it to T-mobile, they said it wasn't a problem and started the process.  Inserted the SIM, expected to get a prompt for the code, instead got Invalid SIM Card error.  Reboot, retried, same problem. So I took it to a Sprint satellite store and asked for help.

They tried the same process, inserted the T-mobile card, no prompt.  He remarked that the code should be 8-digits, not 6-digits.  He then called Sprint customer service pretending to be me (I guess they don't have access to technicians either?).  Got the same code, tried the same process, got the same error.  Told me to take it to the Corporate Sprint store.

Got to the Corporate Sprint store, told them my problem and they said that the MSL I got was for International Unlock Only, that there is No Domestic SIM Card unlock for any device made/bought before 2/11/2015. I told them about the associated who said it could absolutely be done, and was informed that the associate was "misinformed."

I'm still going back and forth with corporate.  Sprint customer care has no clue.  One person says yes, one says no, all give me the same unlock code, as there is only 1 available in their system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOM & 12 KIDS HOMELESS AFTER FAKE LANDLORD SCAM

FOX NEWS HOST REFUSES TO BOARD PLANE WITH BLACK FEMALE PILOT

Run-D.M.C. Producer Larry Smith Dead at 63